Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Man dies from Bowel Obstruction and Bladder Infection After Stay at Dawson Nursing Home

WILLIAM L. DAWSON NURSING HOME
3500 S. Giles Ave
FINED- September 29, 2004
William L. Dawson Nursing Home was fined $10,000 for
failing to instruct staff on proper placement of
catheters, to replace a resident’s cut and damaged
catheter and to monitor urine output. Staff did not
realize a resident’s catheter was placed incorrectly
and blocked the flow of urine for two days. The man
was hospitalized with an infection and bowel
obstruction and later died.

No comments: